InnerSound New Arts Festival was created by young and enthusiastic artists from Romania, who gave it an unique format at its first edition in 2012. The organizer (OPUS Association) and its partners are set to offer the people in Bucharest a fresh sonic and visual oasis at the end of each torrid August.
Left: photo by Sabina Ulubeanu
InnerSound New Arts Festival wishes to create a new perspective on art music by embedding it in different visual projects – from photography exhibition, silent short movies with live music to multimedia shows. InnerSound is growing into a strong platform for the emerging composers, instrumentalists, photographers, visual artists and film directors, while at the same time including in its program internationally renowned artists (such as Alexandru Tomescu, Henry Vega, Anat Spiegel, Dublin Sound Lab or Irina Ungureanu, in 2012).
The theme of InnerSound 2013 is Mysterium. Provocative and challenging for both the artists and the audience, Mysterium refers to the European medieval tradition of syncretism. The idea of “mystery plays”, the predecessors of theatrical manifestations, is updated to contemporary secular realities. The InnerSound audience is invited to discover the hidden meaning behind every event, by hearing, seeing, feeling and interacting with the magic the artists prepared for them.
The starting point? Again, a photo by Sabina Ulubeanu.
Evenimente in 2013:
- Expoziţie de fotografie Mistere Contemporane – invitat special: :Johanna Si (Austria)
- Întâlniri în timp şi spaţiu I – concerte camerale şi workshop-uri cu tinerii compozitori şi interpreţi; participă Matei Ioachimescu – flaut, Ana Topalovic – violoncel (Austria), Laurenţiu Darie – fagot, Ana Chifu – flaut, Raluca Stratulat – vioară (România)
- Dark Room Auditions – instalaţii audio de muzică electroacustică, inclusiv o instalaţie interactivă pentru orbi realizată în parteneriat cu ANR şi MNCR de Cătălin Creţu
- Concert-pantomimă – pianista Adriana Paler-Nicolescu (Austria) şi actorul Mihai Bisericanu (România) îl vor (re)interpreta pe compozitorul Gyorgy Ligeti
- Concerte şi spectacole multimedia – Cătălin Creţu (România), Gest – Bytom Crew and Friends (Polonia), Weapon of Choice – Barbara Lueneburg – vioară, iPad & Marko Ciciliani – computer, iPad, lumini (Austria), Around and About Arachneea – Irinel Anghel – voce, performance & Mihai Cucu – video (România)
- Recital Anat Spiegel – voce, LPs, chitară electrică (Olanda)
- Seara de film mut cu muzică live – call for projects pentru tinerii regizori şi compozitori
- Pop experimental – concert al formaţiei Controllar (Olanda)